If you are planning on staying with us at Breakwater Marina, please ring the office on 07 4721 2233 to book out a berth or fill in our convenient online Registration Form
Heading with your vessel? As you approach the marina, please feel free to call our Staff on Channel 10 VHF for assistance to “grab your lines” at the fuel wharf. On arrival, please make your way up to the Marina Office with your vessel registration and insurance certificates.
Our friendly Marina buy generic avodart online staff will assist you with the check-in procedures and provide you with information regarding available Marina services, along with a quick Townsville orientation. Please ask us if you have any specific requirements we may be able to help with.
To enable us to allocate a suitable berth for you, we need your vessel length overall and your docking preferences: what side do you board, what are your shorepower requirements, is your vessel unusually wide?
- Call Marina Staff on Channel 10 VHF as you approach the marina for assistance with docking
- Marina Office Hours are 8am to 5pm everyday – If you are arriving after hours please arrange details with Marina Staff
- Valid Credit Card details are required for security purposes
- If you would like to order any supplies or have post redirected, please use our postal address: Breakwater Marina, PO BOX 1469, Townsville QLD 4810
- Feel free to ask Marina Staff for a list of our local suppliers, maintenance or repairs, and information about Townsville.
After Hours Arrival
If arriving after hours, please call the Marina office to arrange a nominated berth as advised by Marina Staff. They will need an emailed copy of your insurance certificate and credit card details for security. When you’re settled, drop into the Marina office the next day to grab your information kit.
Access Security Swipe Keys are required to access all pier-head security gates and the Amenities building. Credit card details will be required.
Check-out time from Breakwater Marina is 10.00 am unless arranged at arrival. Take note of the following prior to your Departure:
- Return all access keys during office hours to the Marina Office. After hours key return boxes are at the top of each gangway.
- Ensure any plugs, keys, electrical adaptors or any other item borrowed are returned prior to departure.
- Check all mail has been collected from the Marina Office and ensure mail is redirected if necessary.
- Finalise your account.
Should you wish to make a return booking at the Marina, please see the Marina staff to check availability. We welcome our returning customers!
Breakwater Marina is a designated Port of Entry as per Customs Act 1902 -Notice QW0/02.
If you are intending to clear at Breakwater Marina’s wharf, please notify the Townsville Customs office on: email@example.com
Pre-Arrival Reporting Requirements
The Vessel Owner or operator arriving in Australian waters from overseas is required to report their impending arrival to Customs not later than 96 hours before arrival.
Details to be provided and methods of reporting are provided on the Australian Customs website atwww.customs.gov.au – see Travelers – Yachts Traveling to and from Australia. Alternatively, you can send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Australian Ports of entry are also available on the Australian Customs website – see Travelers – Yachts traveling to and from Australia – Ports of entry; then select the relevant state. Townsville’s Breakwater Marina is an designated clearance port and has allocated the landward side of the refuelling wharf for boarding. Refer to our Marina Map for details.
When arriving in Australian waters, you must clear your arrival at the nearest designated port of entry. For details on available clearance ports, refer to www.customs.gov.au.
To confirm availability and tide access, please contact the Marina office by phone on 4721 2233 or email email@example.com
The vessel must clearly display the International Pratique Q-Flag (yellow).
Customs and Quarantine clearance must be completed before going ashore:
- Stay on board. No persons other than a Quarantine or Customs officer is allowed to board your craft, nor can any person, animal or article leave the craft until you have been given full clearance.
- Depending on your arrival time, Customs and Quarantine may require all persons to remain onboard overnight before clearing the following day.
- Don’t throw any waste or foodstuffs overboard while you’re in Australian waters or while you’re moored. Use designated Quarantine disposal points.
- Keep all food and animals secure until your vessel has been inspected by Quarantine officers.
- Don’t trade foodstuffs with other overseas vessels.
- Keep your vessel free of insects.
For arriving clearing vessels, they need to:
- Notify customs 96 hours prior to arrival
- Email Yachtreport@border.gov.au or Phone 02 6246 1325 or Fax 02 6275 5078
- Provide their details and details of the boat, origin, ETA, where they’ve been etc
- Display the International Pratique Q flag on arrival
- Remain on board until cleared.
NOTE: To go ashore without prior clearance is an offence. Contact with other vessels in port before clearance is prohibited.
Upon clearing customs, we would be pleased to have you stay with us at Breakwater Marina.
Head to our Bookings page to book a berth with us.